|Season 1, Episode 9|
|Air date||December 12, 2004|
|Written by||Jenna Bans|
|Directed by||Larry Shaw|
"Come Back to Me"
"Suspicious Minds" was the 9th episode of Season 1. It originally aired in the United States on Sunday December 12, 2004.
Guest Starring Edit
- Doug Savant as Tom Scavo
- Shawn Pyfrom as Andrew Van de Kamp
- Marla Sokoloff as Claire
- Kathryn Harrold as Helen Rowland
- Lupe Ontiveros as Juanita "Mama" Solis
- Brett Cullen as Detective Burnett
- Joy Lauren as Danielle Van de Kamp
- Gregg Daniel as Dr. Sicher
- Hamilton Camp as Brian Linder
- John Bisom as Stagehand
- Ryan Carnes as Justin
- Lou George as Bystander
- Nigel Gibbs as FBI Agent
- Joyce Guy as Nurse Kelly
- Jill Holden as Betty
- John E. Jimmo as Swimmer
- John Lacy as Detective Beckerman
Main Plot Points Edit
- Gabrielle runs a fashion show to raise money for charity.
- Mrs. Huber is buried.
- Lynette poaches a nanny.
- Bree catches Andrew smoking marijuana.
- Susan catches Gabrielle and John playing footsie.
- Misunderstandings cause problems at the fashion show.
- After Zach escapes from Silvercrest, he stays at Julie's, unbeknownst to Paul or Susan.
- Carlos is arrested.
Gabrielle decides to run a fashion show showcasing the women of Wisteria Lane for charity. Edie is worried about Mrs. Huber when she fails to show up for the dress fitting. Paul buries Mrs. Huber, whom he murdered in the previous episode, along with the blender which she had stolen from his family in the first episode. Lynette decides to poach a nanny when she feels that the work is too much for her. Bree catches Andrew smoking marijuana and when Rex refuses to side with her, she anonymously reports Andrew to the school and thereby gets his locker searched. Andrew is punished by being thrown off of the swim team which was Bree's actual intent. Susan catches Gabrielle and John playing footsie. After Helen, John's mother, overhears John tell a friend about his affair with a married woman and then sees Susan talking with John, she believes that Susan is sleeping with John. Susan is then humiliated by Helen at the fashion show where she destroys her dress and creates a scene. Susan warns Gabrielle to come clean about her affair to Helen. When Gabrielle does, Helen threatens her. Police investigate a trunk found in Rockwater Lake with a woman's cut up body inside. Susan's daughter, Julie, is confronted by Zach's father, Paul, after Zach runs away from Silvercrest and Julie's correspondence to Zach is found. Julie lies to Paul, and her mother Susan, and says she doesn't know where Zach is although she has been harboring him, resulting in a new teen romance. Gabrielle decides that she'd better tell Carlos of her affair with John before Helen does but cannot bring herself to do it. When the police arrive at Gabrielle's door she believes they are there to arrest her for the illegal affair, but they arrest Carlos instead, who says "Tanaka set me up".
- Although credited, Mike Delfino (James Denton) does not appear in this episode
- "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder is played during the fashion show.
- This is the first episode in which Edie (Nicollette Sheridan) appears in the same scene as Bree (Marcia Cross), Lynette (Felicity Huffman) and Gabrielle (Eva Longoria).
- The episode title Suspicious Minds is taken from a song by Elvis Presley.
"Ah, But Underneath" ·
"Pretty Little Picture" ·
"Who's That Woman?" ·
"Come In, Stranger" ·
"Running to Stand Still" ·
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Suspicious_Minds_(Desperate_Housewives_episode). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Wiksteria Lane, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|