|Season 1, Episode 07|
|Air date||November 21, 2004|
|Written by|| John Pardee|
|Directed by||Larry Shaw|
Running to Stand Still
"Anything You Can Do" was the 7th episode of Season 1. It originally aired in the United States on Sunday November 21, 2004.
Guest Starring Edit
- Doug Savant as Tom Scavo
- Christine Estabrook as Martha Huber
- Shawn Pyfrom as Andrew Van de Kamp
- Richard Roundtree as Jerry Shaw
- Lee Garlington as Alberta Holstein
- Lupe Ontiveros as Juanita "Mama" Solis
- Heather Stephens as Kendra Taylor
- Stacey Travis as Jordana Geist
- Edward Edwards as Dan Peterson
- Joy Lauren as Danielle Van de Kamp
- Blake Adams as Bartender
- Sara Astin as Cowgirl Waitress
- Zane Huett as Parker Scavo
- Brent Kinsman as Preston Scavo
- Shane Kinsman as Porter Scavo
- Jimm Giannini as Middle Age Man
- Will Greenberg as Man
- Elizabeth Storm as Janie Peterson
- Trisha Simmons as Principal Stark
- Gene Wolande as Cab Driver
Main Plot Points Edit
- Lynette continues to use the twins' medication.
- Bree and Rex announce they will divorce.
- Mike's friend, Kendra, asks him how his mission is going.
- Gabrielle attempts to stop Danielle and John's relationship.
- Andrew and Danielle are made to refuse Rex's gifts.
- Andrew is involved in a terrible accident, as a resident of Wisteria Lane is run over.
Lynette continues to use the twins' ADD medication to prepare a dinner party for Tom's colleagues. After Andrew gets in trouble at school, Bree and Rex add to the mix by announcing that they will divorce. Susan and Mike's first date is interrupted by Mike's friend Kendra who asks him how he is doing with his mission. Susan becomes very suspicious and is surprised when the relationship turns out to be platonic. Gabrielle tries to break up Danielle and John when she becomes very selfish. Gabrielle tries to get Danielle out of the way by sponsoring her for model school but Bree refuses. Gabrielle invites John over while Juanita and Carlos are away for break-up sex. When Rex begins to shower them with gifts, Bree decides to make Andrew and Danielle refuse their gifts or they will not be allowed back home. Danielle gives in but Andrew drives away in his car. After getting rejected by his father, Andrew returns home drunk and accidentally runs over Juanita Solis, who had just caught Gabrielle and John in bed.
- Even though he is credited, Zach Young (Cody Kasch) does not appear in this episode.
- The episode title Anything You Can Do comes from the musical, Annie Get Your Gun.
"Ah, But Underneath" ·
"Pretty Little Picture" ·
"Who's That Woman?" ·
"Come In, Stranger" ·
"Running to Stand Still" ·
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Anything_You_Can_Do_(Desperate_Housewives_episode). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Wiksteria Lane, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|